Do you use AdSense on your blog? It’s a great way to get a bit of extra income for yourself but there are other ways of monetizing your blog as well. Here are some of the pros and cons of using AdSense.
- It is own by Google
- It’s a major source of income for Google. On 2015 earnings from AdSense was $15 billion which represents around 23% of Google’s revenue (Updated December 2016).
- It is free for publishers
- Advertisers use the Adwords program to advertise their products or services on AdSense websites. They only pay when someone clicks on their ads (PPC – Pay per click)
- Publishers receive 68% of the revenue and Google 32%. For example, if an advertiser pays $1 for a click then 68 cents will go to the publisher and 32 cents to Google.
- The cost per click calculation is based on an auction type system
- It is very easy to use
- It is the most reliable advertising platform on the Internet today and can generate the most revenue for publishers (compared to other similar PPC systems)
- AdSense besides content web sites is also available for games, videos, mobiles and search products.
- customer support from Google Adsense doesn’t have a telephone number.
- Google sells your advertising space for you.
- Content-targeting technology means AdSense ads are relevant to your site’s traffic.
- If you are not yet 18, you may have a parent or guardian submit an application using their name as the payee name.
- inappropriate or misleading image ads, click Feedback: Ads by Google link below the image ad.
- AdSense publishers are permitted to click on link unit topics on their web pages, provided that they don’t click on any Google ads on the resulting page.
- Google doesn’t allow you to open Google ads in a new browser window.
- impressions and clicks Reports are usually updated every fifteen to thirty minutes
- Grow your Traffic for more money: Improve your traffic first. Most of the bloggers tries to improve their ad clicks by placing ads in different locations and experimenting other things, instead of all these your first job is to bring traffic to your website.
- Impression-count x Click-though-rate x Cost-per-click x smart-pricing-factor = AdSense Earning. Viewing your ads on your site will not get you banned. Just make sure you don’t click on your ads.
Hi, I’m Stefania – Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on a website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website should be easy, affordable and hassle-free. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here