A lot of times I see clients that are nervous about starting their blog. The idea of the blog becomes bigger and bigger and becomes this giant monster in the room. Then once they do it, they can’t believe how easy it was to get started! So here are my tips on how to get your blog started!
Pick a topic
You can’t blog about everything. I would love to blog about how incredible adorable my puppy is or about the fact that I call her a puppy even though she’s almost four years old now! She will always be a puppy to me. But that’s not what my audience wants to hear about. They want to know about SEO.
Set up your blog in WordPress
No matter what platform you choose, you will at some point consider using WordPress. It may take a few minutes to get learn and get set up but once you do it will totally be worth it!
1. WordPress powers almost 27 percent of the entire internet.
2. WordPress sites around the world publish 24 posts per second.
3. WordPress sites receive 22.17 billion monthly pageviews.
4. WordPress blogs receive 46.6 million comments per month.
5. There are 2.7 million global monthly searches for WordPress.
6. WordPress 4.6 has been downloaded 21.7 million times.
7. Only around 40 percent of WordPress sites are up to date.
8. There are 72 translations of WordPress.
9. There are more than 47,000 WordPress plugins.
10. Akismet is still the #1 downloaded plugin.
11. 25 percent of WordPress users make a full-time living off of the CMS.
12. WordPress is most popular with businesses, least popular with news sites
Make it pretty
Your blog should be something that speaks to your readers. And not just the words. Use photos that your readers will like and be inspired by. You can get amazing free images on pexels.com.
Batch your blog posts
Schedule a bunch of posts the first week of the month so the rest of the month you can focus on marketing the blog. This will make your life soooo much easier!
Hi, I’m Stefania – Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on a website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website should be easy, affordable and hassle-free. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here