A lot of times I see clients that are nervous about starting their blog. The idea of the blog becomes bigger and bigger and becomes this giant monster in the room. Then once they do it, they can’t believe how easy it was to get started! So here are my tips on how to get your blog started!
Pick a topic
You can’t blog about everything. I would love to blog about how incredible adorable my puppy is or about the fact that I call her a puppy even though she’s almost four years old now! She will always be a puppy to me. But that’s not what my audience wants to hear about. They want to know about SEO.
Set up your blog in WordPress
No matter what platform you choose, you will at some point consider using WordPress. It may take a few minutes to get learn and get set up but once you do it will totally be worth it!
1. WordPress powers almost 27 percent of the entire internet.
2. WordPress sites around the world publish 24 posts per second.
3. WordPress sites receive 22.17 billion monthly pageviews.
4. WordPress blogs receive 46.6 million comments per month.
5. There are 2.7 million global monthly searches for WordPress.
6. WordPress 4.6 has been downloaded 21.7 million times.
7. Only around 40 percent of WordPress sites are up to date.
8. There are 72 translations of WordPress.
9. There are more than 47,000 WordPress plugins.
10. Akismet is still the #1 downloaded plugin.
11. 25 percent of WordPress users make a full-time living off of the CMS.
12. WordPress is most popular with businesses, least popular with news sites
Make it pretty
Your blog should be something that speaks to your readers. And not just the words. Use photos that your readers will like and be inspired by. You can get amazing free images on pexels.com.
Batch your blog posts
Schedule a bunch of posts the first week of the month so the rest of the month you can focus on marketing the blog. This will make your life soooo much easier!