I hope you are using inbound links in your website. Especially in your blog posts. When you link to another site and they link to you, it makes both of your websites stronger in the eyes of Google. And that’s a great way to increase your traffic. Here are some tips on inbound links.
1. Maintain a steady blog with great content.
2. Link to other blogs on your blog.
3. Write guest blog posts.
4. Curate and publish helpful resource lists.
5. Do expert roundups to build relationships.
6. Write news jack posts.
7. Create case studies about your most impressive clients.
8. Volunteer to be the subject of a case study.
9. Administer surveys.
10. Write book reviews.
11. Conduct free webinars, and post archived copies online.
12. Create free tools.
13. Create shareable templates.
14. Create compelling infographics.
15. Create other forms of visual content.
16. Create SlideShare presentations.
17. Do something funny.
18. Write press releases about interesting company news.
19. Send out a joint press release when your news involves another company.
20. Do some outreach when you have big news or a great piece of content.
21. Set up press requests alerts and look for opportunities to send quotes.
22. Write and pitch op-ed articles.
23. Partner with companies in complementary industries.
24. Do some co-marketing.
25. Ask for reviews.
26. Make friends with other webmasters in real life.
27. Search for and monitor mentions of your brand.
28. Search for and monitor your competitors’ backlinks.
29. Incorporate “Tweet This” links into your content.
30. Install social sharing widgets.
31. Sponsor or speak at an event.
32. Help another webmaster fix an error on their site.
33. Give away free trials and sneak peeks of your product.