I live in the middle of no where on the beaches on southern Italy. The closest networking group I can find meets at 7:30 am once a week and it’s a three hour drive. Not really something I can do. In person networking events are hard for me. Online networking on the other hand is a great way for me to spread my wings so to speak and get to know new people. However, I do still like to find a real live in person networking event at least once a year that I can attend.
- The internet has 3.17 billion users
- There are 2.3 billion active social media users
- 91% of retail brands use 2 or more social media channels
- Internet users have an average of 5.54 social media accounts
- Social media users have risen by 176 million in the last year
- 1 million new active mobile social users are added every day. That’s 12 each second
- Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle 60 billion messages a day
- Social networks earned an estimated $8.3 billion from advertising in 2015
- 38% of organizations plan to spend more than 20% of their total advertising budgets on social media channels in 2015, up from 13% a year ago
- Only 20 Fortune 500 companies actually engage with their customers on Facebook, while 83% have a presence on Twitter
- People aged 55-64 are more than twice as likely to engage with branded content than those 28 or younger
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles
- 78 percent of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour
- On WordPress alone, 56 million blog posts are published every month
- A 2011 study by AOL/Nielsen showed that 27 million pieces of content were shared every day
- The top 3 content marketing tactics are blogging (65%); social media (64%); and case studies (64%)
- Facebook now sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users
- Snapchat users watch 6 billion videos every day
- US adults spend an average of 1 hour, 16 minutes each day watching video on digital devices
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, 55% watch every day
Do you want to learn more about how networking can help your business? Take my networking course as part of the Techy Girl Bootcamp to Grow Your Website in 30 Days for just $8 for the first month and start networking today!
Hi, I’m Stefania – Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on a website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website should be easy, affordable and hassle-free. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here