As with any employee, you are going to want to find out the past type of work that they have done. During the interview, inquire about the companies and individuals that the consultant has worked for. A mistake that people make when they see big-name corporations on the person’s resume’ is to assume that they are great because they worked for a big name company.
- The thing to remember about big-name corporations is that they sometimes hire consultants for short periods of time if they have expertise that is needed for a certain project.
- Don’t take a chance and hire someone simply because they have an impressive resume’. Anyone can write down names and companies on a piece of paper.
- Take the time to get in contact with the referrals and find out what exactly the person did for the person or
- It’s always a good idea to check out the referrals that a prospective consultant has given you and make sure that the claims that they make are well founded.
- You want to know that the consultant can do what they claim to be able to do and that they will be able to do the work that they will be given.
- After all, you are putting your company in their hands and trusting them to give you good advice. Remember, even if you think you have found the consultant you are looking for, keep your appointments. You may find one that you like better.
Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. Trust me! I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! Believe me. WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on your website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website shouldn’t require getting a loan. It should be affordable and reasonable. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here