With a community of more than 300 million active monthly users, Instagram is one of the hottest areas of the Internet, yet an almost unknown social platform for brands.
- 70 million images distributed daily
- 5 billion likes per day
The quick conclusion is that you should be there. However, I do not recommend doing this without a well-defined strategy – which is otherwise valid for enrolling in any social network.
How you integrate Instagram into your marketing strategy
The biggest mistake is to think that social networks speak a universal language. Every social network is a separate world, about which you would do well to find out something before visiting or settling there. See this.
Here’s what the most popular brands share on Instagram:
- Relaxed Posts: Unlike Facebook or Twitter, Instagram does not need multiple posts a day, and in some cases not even daily – depending on the audience. At the same time, you do not want to bomb your subscribers with pictures of your brand, because they will quickly press the “Unfollow” button.
- Real pictures: For Instagram users, it’s important that the images you upload appear real, and not made by professional photographers. Even if you are a brand, this does not mean you can not post photos taken with your phone – most users upload pictures made with smartphones.
- Contextualisation: If you want to sell a product, you can photograph it while it is used in real life – attention, so: no reflectors. Instead of putting your dress on a model, dress up a girlfriend (surely you have one who is not a model!) With her dress and photograph her while she wears her out with the girls in the city.
Additional info: https://buffer.com/instagram-marketing
- Hashtag Heaven: On Instagram, everything is about and hashtag. The die-etiquette is so abused that it certainly needs therapy. Leaving the joke aside, use the hashtag according to the online strategy. Do you have a gift shop? It would not be a bad idea to enter #giftshop or #Voucher among your hashtags.
Be on Instagram, but not anyway!
1. First of all, make sure you’ve created a business page and not a personal page.
Instagram offers two variants of pages: Personal Page and Business Page. To enjoy all the benefits of a business account, be sure to check the right way. Instagram reporting using ReportGarden will make your business grow and assist you in establishing the right strategy.
2. Develop a strong strategy
Before you start working on Instagram, make sure you have a well-designed plan. Want to increase the visibility of your brand? Do you want to sell a product? To get more fans? Decide what your goals are before publishing pictures to deliver a consistent message.
3.Edit Share options
Enable the option that allows your photos to be shared on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest – where images are among the most popular types of content.
4. Make a distinctive note with your pictures
Whether you use the same filter or the same topics, make sure your posts fit into a specific, clear and consistent look that can be distinguished by users from other posts.
5. Incorporate photos from Instagram on your blog
Use the embed code used by Instagram to integrate the pictures and your blog – so you get traffic on the site page.
6. Sponsored Ads
They are not yet available to the general public but should become an option soon for business. They will help you stay for longer in the search results of certain keywords.
7. Inquire your subscribers with exclusive promotional codes
Spend your subscribers and attract new subscribers with the promotional codes provided. All the time, the users of the network are pushing not only the button “Like” and “Follow”.
8. Replace the pictures that people tagged you with
One of the gestures that make the most of your subscribers is reposting the photos they tagged you with. Show them you appreciate the attention they give you!
9. Organize a photo contest
Create a unique hashtag and encourage users to post a picture of your brand that they mark with that hashtag. Your visibility will expand, and your fans’ subscribers are automatically exposed to your message.
10. Turn your employees into stars
Creates the image of a transparent, trustworthy company, publishing pictures of your employees – preferably in the work environment. Instagram is an excellent visual environment. Take advantage of this quality and let the fans of your page look at the way you work. Remove the brand mask and let them see your human side!
Hashtags are a great way to group ideas, concepts, conversations. They make things easier on Instagram, helping users find the posts they are interested in. The key is not to choose hashtags that describe your pictures or products, but which are searched for by users – accessible in the network, for the audience your target. Use the right filters Do you think it does not matter what filter you use for the picture you just uploaded? Well, it looks like some filters can bring you more likes and comments.
Mayfair and Inkwell are among the top rated filters. Of course, the charts are not generally valid. My advice would be to experiment as much as possible and find out which filters work better on your audience. Try the video content too much more than a year since Instagram announced the release of the video feature, but the brands seem to be a very late reaction. Video content has been building such an army for some time to dethrone the images. Instagram has a player that makes movies start automatically when you reach them. They are visible and attract your attention. A tiny percentage of companies are currently publishing video content on Instagram.
Hi, I’m Stefania – Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on a website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website should be easy, affordable and hassle-free. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here