To blog or not to blog. That is the question! The truth of the matter is, blogging is not for everyone. Some people should have a blog and some people shouldn’t. Some people should blog everyday and some people should only blog every month.
1) 6.7 M people publish blogs on blogging websites, and another 12 M write blogs using their social networks.
(Source: NM Incite)
2) 81% of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from blogs.
3) Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links.
4) By 2013, it is projected that 128 million people in the US will be blog readers.
5) 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog.
6) The most active demographic group for blogging is 21-to-35 year olds with 53.3% of the total blogging population.
7) B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads than those that do not.
8) 23% of total Internet usage time is devoted to social networks or blogs.
(Source: Dream Systems Media)
9) 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
10) 33% of B2B companies use blogs.
11) 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing.
(Source: Content Plus)
12) 81% of companies consider their blogs “useful,” “important,” or “critical”.
13) Once you write 21-54 blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%.
14) The average person watches 182 online videos per month.
(Source: Digital Buzz Blog)
15) On average, companies that blog receive 434% more indexed pages.
16) Among those who use e-mail marketing, companies that blog get twice as much traffic from their email than those who don’t.
17) Businesses that blog ≥ 20 times/month get 5x more traffic than those who blog ≤ 4 times/month.
18) Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog.
19) 22% of U.S. small businesses plan to post a video to YouTube in the next 12 months to promote their businesses.
20) 52% of U.S. small businesses use social media to promote their businesses.
21) 39% of sellers on Facebook, mostly small businesses, have used Facebook Ads, and nearly 70% plan to use the service again.
22) Article posting (79%) and social media excluding blogs (74%) are the most popular tactics for B2B content marketers.
(Source: Content Marketing Institute)
23) 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site.
(Source: Content Plus)
24) People are most likely to engage with branded content on social media that has pictures (44%), status updates (40%) and videos (37%).
25) 87% of online marketers use video content.
26) Brand engagement rises by 28% when consumers are exposed to both professional content and user-generated product video.
27) 90% of consumers find custom content useful, 78% believe that companies behind content are interested in building good relationships.
(Source: TMG Custom Media)
28) Articles with images get 94% more views.
(Source: Jeff Bullas)
29) 78% of chief marketing officers think custom content is the future of marketing.
(Source: Hanley-Wood Business Media)
30) Companies with fewer than 10 employees typically allocate 42% of their marketing budget to content.
(Source: Content Marketing Institute and Marketing Profs)
31) 68% of consumers are likely to spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in.
(Source: The CMA)
32) Twitter users are 506% more likely to write a blog, and 314% more likely to post a comment or review than other internet users.
(Source: GfK MRI)
33) 85% of tweets reflect original content (non-RTs).
34) 15% of brands post content to their Google+ pages more than 3 times per week.
(Source: Simply Measured)
35) Shorter social media posts (those less than 70 characters) do much better in terms of engagement than longer posts.
36) 70% of business-to-business marketing companies use Facebook to distribute content.
(Source: Content Marketing Institute)
37) 80.3% of social media users read posts from people known personally, while 69.5% post status updates while on their mobile device.
38) More than 80% of email marketers send the same content to all subscribers.
39) 66% of small to medium-sized U.S. business websites lack a form-fill option to enable consumers to request information.
40) Top reasons for U.S. users to unsubscribe from an email subscription are too many emails (69%) and content that is no longer relevant (56%).
(Source: Chadwick Martin Bailey)
41) 75% of small to medium-sized U.S. business websites lack an email link on their home page for consumers to contact the business.
42) 57% of Facebook users say they never click on Facebook ads or sponsored content.
(Source: Associated Press GfK Poll)
43) 60% of small to medium-sized U.S. business websites are missing either a local or toll-free telephone number on the home page.
44) Less than 20% of small and medium-sized business websites have a link to a Facebook page, and fewer have links to Twitter and LinkedIn.
45) 61% of U.S. social media users are annoyed by applications that automatically post content.
Hi, I’m Stefania – Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on a website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website should be easy, affordable and hassle-free. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here