You should definitely start a blog. And then you can do soooo many things. But first, let’s talk about what a blog is and is not.
A blog is:
- a place for you to create wonderful content for your audience
- a way to get indexed in Google and drive more traffic to your website.
A blog is not:
- a place to randomly place your thoughts
- a place to air all your dirty laundry
Now, let’s look at the big questions people always seem to ask me in regards to their blog when I do a free website review with them.
Who is a blog for:
- Anyone who wants their website to rank in Google and be found by their target audience
What if I don’t like to write:
- create a podcast or video blog
- use a transcribing tool to “write” your posts
Have I convinced you that a blog is in your website’s best interest yet? Well, let’s take a look at what you actually need to get started.
- a WordPress website (recommended)
- a single piece of content
That’s it. There is no minimum of 20 posts required. You don’t need anything fancy. The most important thing you need to do is just get started. Sit down, write a post, grab some courage and hit publish and share it all around the world.