I failed. I also won. But I’ve failed more then I’ve won. And that’s ok. In fact, that’s a good thing! It means I’m learning. It means my business is growing and I’m growing. It took me a long time even to come to terms with the fact that I am in fact an entrepreneur. I broke the mold. I quit my job. I started my own business. And I love it!
- 51 percent of owners of small businesses are 50-88 years old, 33 percent are 35-49 and only 16 percent are 35 years old and under.
- 69 percent of U.S. entrepreneurs start their businesses at home.
- According to the National Association of Small Business’s 2015 Economic Report, the majority of small businesses surveyed are S-corporations (42 percent), followed by LLCs (23 percent).
- While around 9 percent of all American businesses close each year, only 8 percent are opened.
- 51 percent of people asked, “What’s the best way to learn more about entrepreneurship?” responded with “Start a company”.
- A bit more than 50 percent of small businesses fail in the first four years.
- In fact, of all small businesses started in 2011:
- 4 percent made it to the second year
- 3 percent made it to the third year
- 9 percent made it to the fourth year
- 3 percent made it to the fifth year
- Leading causes of small business failure:
- Incompetence: 46 percent;
- Unbalanced experience or lack of managerial experience: 30 percent;
- Catchall category (includes neglect, fraud, and disaster): 13 percent; and
- Lack of experiences in line of goods or services: 11 percent.
- The vast majority of startup funds (82 percent) came from the entrepreneur himself or herself, or family and friends.
- 77 percent of small businesses rely on personal savings for their initial funds.
- 40 percent of small businesses are profitable, 30 percent break even and 30 percent are continually losing money.
- Having two founders, rather than one, significantly increases your odds of success as you’ll:
- Raise 30 percent more money,
- Have almost 3X the user growth, and
- Are 19 percent less likely to scale prematurely.
- 82 percent of businesses that fail do so because of cash flow problems
- 27 percent of businesses surveyed by the NSBA claimed that they weren’t able to receive the funding they needed.
Hi, I’m Stefania – Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on a website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website should be easy, affordable and hassle-free. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here