Not sure whether to go with WordPress or Squarespace for your website? Here are some things to consider.
- The cost to get started for WordPress is between $4 and $7 per month depending on what hosting plan you choose.
- Monthly plans for Squarespace start at $8 per month, however, you are limited to 20 pages.
- Squarespace has an easy to use drag and drop template
- There are only a few templates you can use on Squarespace.
- There are thousands (if not more) of themes you can choose from for WordPress.
- There is an extra cost to create a shop on Squarespace.
- you can create a shop, membership site, course, podcast, forum, anything you want on WordPress.
- WordPress has free and paid themes and plugins available.
- There are drag and drop editors available to make WordPress themes even easier to use.
- Squarespace has a blog feature as well
- WordPress is at its core a blogging platform
- WordPress has natural SEO in its coding that makes it easier to be found in Google.
Bottom line: WordPress takes more time to learn but it’s worth it in the end.
If you need help getting started with WordPress, download my free How To Get Started With WordPress Guide and overcome your fear of WordPress today!
Hi, I’m Stefania – Aka the Techy Girl! I’ve been building WordPress websites since they revolutionized how we create beautiful, functional, affordable websites. I started building websites back in the day when we had to hand write the code!!!! WordPress is much easier. Web design started as a hobby of mine and in 2010 I turned it into my passion and full-time business. When I work on a website, it’s because I love working on websites. I teach people how to use their websites and make them beautiful and functional through my courses and online sessions. If you need help or have questions, I would love to chat!
I help people create websites that work for them! I work with entrepreneurs, coaches, and bloggers who are frustrated by technology by teaching the tech and making it easy. I believe creating a website should be easy, affordable and hassle-free. I believe your website should work for you. Every website has a purpose. I want to help you find and develop that purpose. Your website should be beautiful. It should be a reflection of your most beautiful self. Learn more about me here